A Health care plan is also known as a health insurance policy. A health insurance policy is a policy or a contract between an insurer and the policyholder. This policy covers most of the expenses of the insured person’s medical charges or bills during any treatment or operation.
The insured can either choose to pay to the source directly and then reimburse it through his policy, or the insurer can directly pay it. The insurance company bears all the expenses since the policy’s commencement date.
The insurer has to pay premiums to keep it updated and renewed from time to time. It becomes a hassle-free process for the insurer during treatment or any surgery. He does not need to worry about how expenses will get covered.
Key features of a health insurance plan-
A health insurance plan has a few key features that you must educate yourself with. This policy will help you in your long-run. Hence, you must know the characteristics of the health care plans you will be buying. Some features are discussed below:
1. Cashless treatments- The insurance companies are coming up with insurance or policy cards like debit or credit cards. Hence, you can directly use your card in any hospital or clinic and go for cashless treatment. The insurer can also pay to the source as far you are insured.
2. Lifelong renewal- Getting insured with an insurance policy is not a short plan. When you are getting yourself, and your family insured, it has to be a plan for the long run. You can renew your plan for lifelong and keep yourself worry-free for the bad days if one comes.
The benefits of having a health insurance plan-
There are wide ranges of benefits of having a plan like health insurance. Some are mentioned for your reference:
1. Easy settlements- While undergoing surgery or treatment, you must not worry about the expenses. Your policy is going to get you covered with all the hospital charges, doctor fees, and medicines. They are very easy to settle. Once you are done with the procedure, you or your insurer can get it settled quickly and cashless.
2. Variety of plans- The insurance policy comes with a lot of understanding of plans. There are a variety of plans you can go for with the proper knowledge and guidance of the insurer. After going through it, you can choose the best policy for you and your loved ones.
Different kinds of policies in India-
In our country, the insurance companies run on this field with different policies. Two of the kinds of policies are :
1. Individual health policy- You can understand by the name itself. This policy is based on an individual who can get it for himself only. He can avail all the benefits and get himself covered with the policy’s maximum premium.
2. Maternity health policy- This health insurance policy meets maternity expenses without any worry. Many add-on premiums are also available to cope with the charges during maternity.
A health insurance policy keeps you tension free and keeps you relaxed on your not so good days. You can get it for yourself, your spouse, children, or your parents. A complete healthcare plan promises to protect you and your loved ones in the long run.
To understand about Hospital Beds industry, Read here