Tooth bonding is also known as dental bonding or composite bonding. This cosmetic dentistry treatment uses tooth-cloured material to enhance the smile. In this procedure, the tooth-colored resin material is applied to the affected teeth by the dentist. The composite resin material is also used in restorative dentistry. This protects the roots of the teeth that are exposed to gum recession, fills the cavities, and changes the old silver dental fillings.
Tooth Bonding Medford helps in repairing the chips, and closing gaps, size, shape, and color of the teeth. Tooth bonding is a simple and very common procedure in dentistry today. It can be done in a single sitting. This does not require anesthesia unless and until it is for filling a cavity. For starting the process, the dentist uses a shade guide for choosing the color that matches the color of the natural teeth.
What are the advantages of tooth bonding?
There are many advantages of composite tooth bonding. This includes –
- Improve the appearance – Dentist Medford can help in improving the look of the individual. If there are one or more teeth that are crooked, small, jagged, or chipped teeth then tooth bonding can help.
- Affordability – Teeth bonding is the least expensive cosmetic dental procedure. It is cheaper than porcelain veneers and crowns. This need not be manufactured in the lab. It can be done in one office visit.
- No use of anesthesia -In most cases, when the dental bonding is done there is no need for anesthesia. This is because there is no cavity and no need for any major work to be done. However, if you don’t want to feel any discomfort during the procedure you can ask for anesthesia.
- Close the gaps – The gaps between the teeth can be done by teeth bonding. This is an easy option if you don’t want orthodontic treatment. This helps in achieving the same results. If you are suffering from chipped teeth, gaps, or discoloration then Cosmetic Tooth Bonding Medford can provide you with affordable repair.
- Safeguarding the natural teeth – In this procedure, the minimum amount of tooth enamel is removed. This helps in retaining the health and natural structure of the teeth.
- Whiter teeth – Dental bonding is in many shades. It can give you a more uniform smile with your natural teeth. Sometimes, heavily stained teeth do not go well with the bleaching procedure.
- Fast results – The complete dental bonding procedure can be completed in one visit. This is a quick way of getting dental treatment done. This gives you fast results when compared with porcelain veneers.
What does teeth bonding cost?
The price of the dental bonding differs according to the location, the dentist’s expertise, and the time of the procedure. The dental bonding is to be replaced every 5 to 10 years. Here, you can expect around $300 to $600 per tooth.
Dental bondings are likely to suffer from chipping or staining. . This can be because of the hard food or the high-staining of food and beverages. For this, you must first check the insurance policies before scheduling an appointment.
Is Insurance Covered under Dental Bonding Costs?
Normally, insurance companies do not cover teeth bonding because it is considered a cosmetic procedure. But if the treatment involves a chipped or broken tooth, the insurance company may cover some cost of the dental bonding. The procedure is more complex when the tooth implant is necessary to prevent cracked or broken teeth. It is beneficial for the patient to check the insurance company before scheduling an appointment.
What is right? Dental Bonding vs. Veneers Cost
- Dental bondings are less expensive than porcelain veneers. A porcelain veneer is good for patients who want permanent treatment. It is stain resistant and can correct any size and shape
- Traditional porcelain veneers will cost around $925 and $2,500 per tooth and No prep veneers will cost between $800 and $2,000 per tooth. Whereas dental bondings will cost around $300 to $600 per tooth.
- Traditional porcelain veneers will last between 10 to 15 years and no-prep veneers last about 5 to 7 years. Dental bonding will last for 5 to 10 years.
Dental bonding is a successful treatment for tooth restoration. It can treat many dental issues which include cosmetic improvement and tooth repairs. Dental Bonding Medford offers many benefits to patients. Medford Dentist gives you a healthy smile that can boost confidence. The dentist will determine whether the procedure is correct for you or not. And if this procedure is not right for you, he will suggest other options to improve the appearance of the teeth.