Losing a tooth is very common. Missing teeth can cause infection and sometimes it can also lower your self-confidence. So for better health, it is advisable to refill the empty spot. Farmington Hills Dentist provides more than one option to fill the gap. For this, you have to make a decision and try not to regret it afterward. Replacement of the teeth also helps to improve the shape of the face and to properly eat and speak. For this, the very common options are dental implants and bridges.
Dental bridges replace missing teeth with fake teeth. They are made up of materials like plastic or porcelain. Dental Crowns and Bridges Farmington Hills helps match it with the original tooth color. It can secure one or more teeth. Dental implants are false tooth roots that are put into the jaw bone with the help of screws that can hold a crown or bridge. This is generally made up of titanium. There are many reasons for losing teeth. It can be gum disease, cavities, genetics, or accidents.
Pros and Cons of Dental Bridges
- Faster – The dental bridge is a faster process because it is not anchored in the bone. It can be completed in only two visits to the dentist’s clinic. Dental Bridges Farmington Hills helps from start to finish and also in less time.
- Simple procedure – Dental bridge does not require invasive or grafting surgery. It is a simple procedure. It is also advised for people who have a habit of smoking and chewing tobacco.
- Health conditions – share the health history with the dentist so that he can make wise decisions for you. If you have health conditions like arthritis, heart valve surgery, osteoporosis, cancer treatment, bleeding issues, etc it is advisable to go for dental bridges. This is the best option for you.
- Cost – The cost of dental bridges is less expensive. Cost is one of the important reasons which is why people prefer dental bridges place of dental implants. Dental Crowns Farmington Hills helps in placing the cap on the damaged tooth.
- Less pleasing – Bridges are not pleasing. It loses its natural-looking appearance with age.
- Maintenance – Dental bridges require maintenance. They are required to be kept clean and healthy. Threaded floss helps in protecting it against bacteria buildup. These can cause gum loss as well as irritation.
- Damage to the natural teeth – Dental bridges can cause damage to the nearby natural teeth. These teeth are naturally healthy. The tooth structure is lost while we are reducing the adjacent abutment teeth for supporting the bridge.
- Replacement – The adjacent teeth get decayed because of the affected teeth. There are chances for tooth decay and more cavities in the adjacent teeth. It can fracture the teeth or can cause root canal treatment. On average, they need to be replaced in 5 to 7 years.
Pros and Cons of Dental Implants
- The natural look of the teeth – Dental implant helps in the natural appearance of the teeth. They feel, function, and look like the original teeth. These teeth are strong and stable. It improves confidence.
- Safeguard the jaw bone – Dental implants help in preventing the jaw bone from worsening. If the space is left in the mouth in place of the missing tooth, it will lead to the loss of the bone in that particular area. Usually, quality dental implants last for a lifetime.
- Prevents damage to nearby teeth – A dental implant is fixed in the jaw bone. The new tooth helps to bite and chew which in turn prevents it from shrinking. If there is no dental implant it can result in bone loss. It does not damage the adjacent teeth.
- Long-lasting – Dental implants can last a lifetime if they are of high quality. Proper maintenance is necessary to keep them in good condition. Brushing and flossing will help you to prevent discomfort, pain, and regular visits to the dentist. This has a very high success rate.
- Surgery – The implants are placed into the bone and this requires surgery. The procedure is very straightforward but surgery is always risky. Advanced technology such as 3D CBCT Scans has decreased the risk of complications in the implant.
- Time – Dental implants are more time-consuming than other procedures. It can take months for the implant to completely combine with the jaw bone. This process is known as osseointegration. The bone takes time to heal, so it may take 3 months before the dental crown is placed in the implant. Sometimes a temporary crown is also placed before placing the permanent crown.
Dental bridges and dental implants can both have their drawbacks and benefits. These are two options for the missing tooth. Dentist Farmington Hills can help you with deciding the option that best fits your situation. Dental bridges are used to bridge the gap left by the missing teeth.
Dental implants are self-supporting tooth replacement options. It lasts longer and will not damage the nearby teeth. This is a more durable replacement but sometimes this work can be done by the bridges also.
If the patients have lost a considerable amount of teeth in a row, then the dentist can suggest to a mixed approach. It depends on the personal needs and wants of the patients.
Also, Read More About – Zerodol P